1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK

2. The latest NF Newsletter is out (July), read it here
  3. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

4. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Manchester United F.C. #13

Discussion in 'Football' started by Reznor, Mar 2, 2016.

1. PoinT_BlanK Ed Woodward fanclub

Yeah but that argument is flimsy at best, missing out on really good players because "different league" is silly, especially when you consider that the vast majority of the best players in this league come from different leagues.

anyway free of the Rooney curse finally. I'm so happy :cry

2. Scholzee Active Member

I am not saying dont sign him, but I don't think we should be too dissapionted we didn't get him, at least RL is proven in the PL.

3. Rukia top guy

Rooney is talking about bringing trophies to Everton.

:bookerskully

4. Bubyrd Ratcatcher absolute Jushin

Morata has proven to be effective in Champion's League and with the national team. So far Lukaku has only choked on his chances with Belgium.
    Lukaku will be good for Premier League, he has the size to push for goals against weaker sides. But getting Morata.. that would put Chelsea in deep shit.

5. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

6. Speedy Jag. Don't Get My seat All Wet

7. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

8. Rukia top guy

@Vault what can Chelsea do to make this a good window for them?

9. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

Morata who i have known since he was a youngster. Always used to buy him on fifa but the cunt always leaves after i make him 90 overall, no loyalty :pek life immitating art. He seems too loyal to Madrid that they will always hold power over him so i dont know dude

We need proper depth now we are in the CL again

Since we have Rudiger. I say another full back and a defensive midfielder:hm and a striker ofcourse if we are to lose Costa.

Or maybe just put it all on Batman :LOS

10. GrizzlyClaws Big Bad Grizzly

I'd say eventhough he's not worth that 75m + Addons + Rooney, Lukaku is a definitive upgrade to mid-thirty Ibrahimovc.

11. Xnr Flashy Flashy

And that is with a (supposedly) weaker team behind him. If he and Pogba can develop a similar understanding to what Zlatan and Pogba had, I'd bet they'll link up a few times over the season. They certainly are spending enough time together right now.

I never rated him but I think he'll do OK against the smaller teams and I now hope Mou can bring him up to speed against the big teams and the CL specifically.

12. Xnr Flashy Flashy

I'm so happy I will get to laugh at another team's fans desperately hoping he doesn't feature week in, week out. The dude was a proper deadweight for the past 2 seasons.

13. Joseph Therapy Battling

Love twitter sometimes lmao

14. PoinT_BlanK Ed Woodward fanclub

15. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Chelsea will be fine if they get Morata...provided you know their players don't intentionally shit the bed again.

16. Speedy Jag. Don't Get My seat All Wet

17. Bubyrd Ratcatcher absolute Jushin

Because you can't put all the pressure on Batshuayi.
    Morata is needed since Diego Cunt wants to leave at all costs. If United were to sign Morata, that would be a masterstroke. He is different from Lukaku/Batshuayi, and United have the money to afford him too.

18. God Movement Admanistrator

19. Speedy Jag. Don't Get My seat All Wet

So this deal is cheaper to United than Chelsea would have bought him for due to the Rooney swap and Everton still owing Schnerdelin money.

20. PoinT_BlanK Ed Woodward fanclub

they also "owe" michael keane money but i'm not a fan of people calculating deals in that manner. for all intents and purposes its £75M with possible add-ons.

but you're right, the deal is overall cheaper to us than it would have been to chelsea even when they matched the offer

21. Gunners .

I'd say you got fleeced but you managed to offload Rooney :(.

22. PoinT_BlanK Ed Woodward fanclub

Alvaro Morata 'dyed his hair' red for Man Utd unveiling before move collapsed - reports
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-red-hair-dye-Manchester-United-transfer-news (http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/828239/Alvaro-Morata-red-hair-dye-Manchester-United-transfer-news)

:(:(

I feel bad for him man. I really wanted him here but Perez was taking the piss

23. PoinT_BlanK Ed Woodward fanclub

that's the problem i have with this transfer window and the players we have targeted/are targeting, i'm happy with lindelof as i think he could form a good CB partnership with bailly, and i have stated ad nauseam that i think morata would have been a better buy than lukaku, but i'm disappointed in us not even being in for Silva (ended up a city), Fabinho (no real interest from us being shown and psg already had 2 bids rejected), and Costa (ended up at juve for less than what inter are asking for perisic despite being a better player), Semedo (ended up at barca even tho he had been linked to us, valencia is good but he's getting old), James (ended up at bayern), and arsenal are chasing lemar

its like we have no interest in technically gifted players and are just chasing fellaini like towers that seemingly won't even necessarily make us substantially better than last year, i get it mourinho like physical beasts but this is all kinda disheartening. I hope next season pans out great, and if we become more clinical than last year we will be decent, but i don't see us being considerably stronger/better

24. Scholzee Active Member

Anyone see the LA game? sloppy 2 goals to let in, the first few goals we scored were from high pressure, Rashford on fire though!

25. erictheking Well-Known Member

Thing is mate there's strength on paper and there's strength where it counts. I've been frustrated about certain players this window (Fabinho for one) but I'm always wary of getting too bothered one way or the other after the transfer windows we've had in the recent past where on paper we beat everyone (Pogba, Mkhi, Ibra / Falcao, di Maria) yet the actual football told a different story. I just hope we get the signings Jose wants and then we wait for the real football to start being played in August.

26. John Wick I once was VAK but now I'm back.

If a player like lukaku is worth 75 million then harry kane must be worth 150, so looks like he'll be sold fairly soon thereby improving your chances next season.

27. PoinT_BlanK Ed Woodward fanclub

in 15/16 Kane ended with 22 goals. Lukaku ended with 18
    last year Kane ended with 29. Lukaku with 25

Lukaku is one year older, but he played for a considerably poorer team yet he still put numbers that aren't far from Kane's. Let's not act like Kane is the most technically gifted of footballers either. They should be worth around the same tbh but Kane probably more expensive just off the strength of playing at a club that's in the CL and because idiotic "english tax".

28. John Wick I once was VAK but now I'm back.

from 30 appearanes Kane scored 29 goals, Lukaku with 37 managed his 25

Also he's got more shots on target and assists and overall contributes more to the team than lukaku

All I see here is a united fan trying to justify paying over the odds for a player

29. Chocochip COOKIE

It's weird looking at your squad, knowing like ten years ago, you had Ronaldo/Vidic/Giggs/Scholes/etc...., just seems like I'm watching Arsenal downgrade gradually. Like, Evra was just casually there too, Rooney in his prime was like maybe the 6th or 7th best player...idk, this team just doesn't strike me with the same fear anymore. Then again, SAF could be argued as the GOAT manager, so of course any club would experience what you guys are experiencing now...

30. Speedy Jag. Don't Get My seat All Wet

It just dumbfounds me that 75m for Kane is seen as fair value this summer for someone like Harry Kane.

Lukaku will do well with the service. Maureen will need a few out and out wingers I think.