1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Boku no Hero Academia - The Anti-Naruto ( Mother's Basement )

Discussion in 'Boku no Hero Academia' started by OS, May 19, 2017.

1. OS The Entity

2. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

What he could've added is that Boku no Hero Academia's characterization is far more diverse than Naruto's through making each character 'Stand out", they don't become a homogenised cluster-fuck like in Naruto.

He also forgot to mention that the teamwork and hardwork theme in Naruto pretty much lost it's meaning in the latter of part 2, after all the prodigy shit stemmed up and dead characters stole most spotlight.

3. OS The Entity

tbf we don't know if the same thing can happen to bnha. It's still pretty early for the series.

4. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

But, one sign, that makes me confident that BNHA won't go into the shitter like Naruto is that Hori gives his characters times to interact and bond through SOL. To me, it's a sign that he cares abut his characters, unlike Kishi.

5. OS The Entity

Well, I have to disagree. Izuku got his power from All Might and all his predecessors help him against the Brain washing guy.

Even if does make One for All his own it doesn't change the fact that he got his strength from predecessors in the first place.

Doing it for your own isn't always rewarded. For example Ingenium opposed Midoriya as a rival. Ingenium eventually failed.

Tokoyami chose to help Midoriya because he believed their team would be a good idea. Uravity chose to join Izuku because he is her friend. The gadget chick though was selfish though.

Ingenium also tried to be selfish for vengeance. They had to work as a team for the greater good.

My conclusion. Its not about Individualism vs Collectivism or seeking one's own strength. Its about the fact if your name is Ingenium, you will fail.

7. OS The Entity

All Might said that it was izukus will not them.
    But it was something he had to earn in the first place.
    Well that's part of the process
    She said later that it's because she saw that it was a good opportunity to likely advance because of him. Which is why she then rejected his help against bakugou to improve herself

8. Vongola King The King

part 1 naruto handled characterisation really well i think. with the exception of tenten, sakura, ino and kiba( :maybe) most of the konoha 11+gaara etc stood out in some way and had memorable moments/fights. bnha still has yet to top for example part 1 lee and gaara in both their fight and their respective characterisation(all might vs AfO was a close one tho).

let's not speak of part 2.

9. reiatsuflow Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's an unfair comparison. No shonen survives a decade intact. If you compared bha with naruto volume to volume - or, since I've only seen the anime, bha's first 19 canon episodes versus naruto's - it's a different turnout, ignoring that bha has a more modern studio and animation. They both opened with alternative schools (heroes and ninjas) and schoolwork that became serious when the real world intruded on the exams, and then followed up with a tournament arc. Except naruto did this 20 years ago. And it's tough to compare bha's first arc favorably with naruto's, which got that much more serious when the real world invaded the school exam. People died. The students didn't just get scared, they got injured. One of the main characters almost died. The ninja training that had before been fun and adventurous became dark, and there was a lesson in that.

As for which tournament arc is better, hard to say because I don't like tournament arcs and they all look the same. Maybe naruto gets the edge because it did the defining tournament arc 20 years ago.

10. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

(((kiba))) I think you mean shino dude. or even naruto himself :maybe

Anyway, BNHA has better potential setup than even part 1 Naruto in terms of characterisation, because there's alot more diversity in characterisation, personalities and in most of the quirk abilities. Also helps that Hori has given these characters opportunities to interact more and time to reveal more about their personalities and interests to the reader.

This is a subjective statement.
    Fight wise, I suppose I agree but,
    Meh, I already find Bakugou, Kirishima and kirishima as far more intriguing characters than them.
    Sob stories don't typically appeal to me (especially if the characters are not hot). :meh

you have to. It should be used as a warning to all future authors :catippy

One Piece :cat

It even got it's biggest boom after a decade.

I'd say One Piece was able to accomplish that for remaining mainly consistent with it's storytelling and usage of characters while still coming up with new fresh ideas (most of the time).

It's not about comparing the "tone" of each series (obviously Naruto would be darker since it revolves around people whose occupation is to "kill")

You can compare.
    - how different shonen utilises/treats their characters in the story.
    - progression of the story.
    - scale of the world building.
    - amount of subplots and their effectiveness.
    - character interaction/bonding.
    - variation/range of abilites/skills.
    etc.