1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Hey you

Yeah you!

Have you always wanted to impress Gordon Ramsey with your culinary skills?

Well you can't...

But you can impress the NF community by joining the Cooking Contest in the Bento Box!

And we promise we won't make you cry like him.
  3. Throwback Naruto : Hidden Village of Art has launched a new contest related to Naruto where Love and Spring is in the air, until next June 21.
    To know more click on the link: Spring Canon Pairings Drawing contest !!

Acnologia, Madara or Yhwach?

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail' started by Kaan, May 19, 2017 at 5:18 PM.

1. Kaan Well-Known Member

2. Rali57 Can't think of anything original to put here

Acno by far if he actually gets beaten this chapter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. NW Key of Destiny

Acno is for sure not done. I have no fucking idea how, but he'll bounce back.

Otherwise this shit was pointless in a narrative sense

Spoiler:

4. Superman LvL 30

Oh yeah...Natsu is suppose to be the one to beat him to. Duh.

5. Yasha 沖繩那霸

Isn't it obvious? Hiro opened that Neoeclipse door (which Anna has no knowledge of, hence the fatal flaw in her plan) just so that he can teleport Acnologia literally to Natsu's doorstep and have Natsu beat him up. Zeref's final villain status had been stripped away chapters ago when he revealed his intention. Henceforth, the purpose he served was nothing more than a training partner for Natsu to upgrade his level and make Acnologia's eventual downfall more believable.

6. savior2005 Well-Known Member

madara lol. yhwach lol even more. eventually, acnologia's defeat will also be lol'd.

7. Acnologia Well-Known Member

Madara wasn't even beaten. He got usurped by a villain who was overall of lower quality and an inexperienced mad woman.

Yhwach bitch-slapped Ichigo and ripped his power away from him, and Ichigo could only beat Yhwach because:

1. Aizen was able to affect Yhwach with Kyoka Suigetsu

2. Because he was shot with an Arrow made of a Still Silver by-product of his power, by the one individual who has a power capable of surpassing "The Almighty".

The only thing that could beat Yhwach was Yhwach's own power, in the end. And he never fell for the whole friendship shtick even to the moment of his death. Straight up villain to the very end with no sob story made for the purpose of us feeling sorry for him, or as a means of excusing his evilness. I don't even think Yhwach cared about morality; he was more "force of nature" in attaining his goals.

9. savior2005 Well-Known Member

the reasons u stated are exactly y i lol them. just lol at madara being pretty much kick out the manga. lol at yhwach getting beaten by shikai ichigo.

at the very least, in one piece, luffy vs BB/akainu will be a hell of a brawl.

10. Nathan Copeland Rank 50/Madara's Brother

Yhwach went full retard at the end by letting Ichigo live so many times, not killing Uryu (an obvious traitor) at any point, killing his right hand man for no reason, freeing Aizen from his chair for no reason etc.

12. Gohara Ryutoshi

Better character? Madara > Zeref > Acnologia > Juha.

To answer the thread questions:

The lamest way to be defeated? Juha > Zeref > Acnologia > Madara.

The most underwhelming match ups of those characters? Juha > Zeref > Acnologia > Madara.

Of course this is all just in my opinion. :p

13. Keishin Well-Known Member

Yhwach had alot of nice, original kubo-style moments and he has the most impressive body count for a villain with direct and indirect deaths (like Masaki, Katagiri, Yamamoto, also him blasting Ichibei to pieces was pretty nice, or indirect with Ukitake and Unohana).

Madara was actually more impressive than most Naruto villains but Kishimoto did treat him in a worse way than Kubo did Yhwach because he just powered up chapter by chapter but after getting the Juubi, like everyone else seemed to do in the final arc, he never actually fought anyone. It was a done deal by then and when it comes to the story it honestly felt like filler.

Acnologia has such a minor role I'm not sure why you would consider this that disappointing. Why Acnologia and not Zeref who got shit on ridicilously just now.

14. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

He is also the one with back story that doesn't try to make you sympathize or feel sorry for him, and we got more back-story in regards to Yhwach than any other Bleach villain. Not to mention all the build up and story threads set up (that now have to be indirectly addressed via "Cannot Fear Your Own World", hopefully) that give him an integral link to Soul Society's history and "original sin" (his father's corpse being the Soul King).

Then again, a part of me think Kubo chose to cut off the story before those threads could be revealed because he couldn't make his "perfect ending" if he pulled said threads.

What exactly does it say about the 'good guys' when the villain's motivation and past is directly linked to what is openly acknowledged as their 'original sin'? And the main protagonists just accepting the fact that Yhwach's corpse was strung up as the new Soul King, ignoring the implications it meant for the old one?

15. Keishin Well-Known Member

Well I can see that being accepted for example in HunterxHunter which reminds me how much better the antagonists are in there.

Illumi
    Pariston
    Chrollo
    Meruem
    Hisoka (who got a massive boost when it comes to sense of danger just recently in the story).

16. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Some people have speculated that, if it were for the constant hiatuses, Hunter x Hunter would out-sell One Piece (it still sells millions of copies per volume with the hiatus running).

Hunter x Hunter lives and breathes deconstructing the Shounen archetypes, setting a fantastical setting in an otherwise realistic world, with all the flaws that comes with reality. Nothing is cut and dry "good and evil", as all the heroes and villains are defined by various Human characteristics, instead of having personalities dominated by one character trait.

17. Xhominid The Avaricious

I don't think Ichigo and friends know that...
    But I do agree with mostly everything else.

These are my overall thoughts as well.
    Yhwach may have had...a rushed death but in comparison to Acnologia and Madara, Yhwach might as well have been the best villain of the 3 by far.

Madara's literal best trait was the fact he was "badass", character wise he was an absolute mess as we are supposed to hate him but then suddenly Kishimoto wanted us to pity him at the end which is ridiculous...
    Not to mention he was replaced with Kaguya because I swear he didn't want to end the series with an Uchiha as the one who did all the bad things in the series.

And yeah...Acnologia might as well been a plot device...

18. NW Key of Destiny

And I know it would be an asspull but him devouring the timelapse would be simultaneously badass and retarded. He's supposed to be the "Demon Dragon that devours all magic" after all.

He was a "fuck the system" villain, kind of like Aizen. He wanted to end the fear of death.

Spoiler:

19. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

It would be an asspull, given the timelapse was supposed to be a "force of nature", not magic.

20. NW Key of Destiny

21. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Im gonna laugh if all that magic in there gives Acno a power up. Way to go Anna :skully

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  22. Xhominid The Avaricious

Except Ichigo, the guy who has stated to feel the emotions that people have when he fights with them(starting with Gin despite Kubo making it go back to Renji in the Soul Society Arc), then Aizen, Ginjou, Tsukishima) is clearly showing a "I don't give a shit" look at the final page. If Kubo wanted us to sympathize with him on some level, that wasn't it compared to Aizen.

That's what Catalyst put up in the fact that Yhwach was never given a "feel bad" moment, yeah he had a dream to fight for and he had backstory unlike Aizen but it was never to sympathize with him.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  23. NW Key of Destiny

24. The Strawberry Carrot Top I Threw It On The Ground!

yhwach > zeref. yhwach > madara. yhwach > acno. zeref is a freak that showed no respect for mavis's corpse and he got owned by feelings :hestonpls madara turned into the wicked witch of the west :bookerskully then a goddess :haha yhwach cried but those were manly tears. yhwach never had a dull moment and his quotes were always either cryptic or badass. he had a lot of savage moments too. I think he had a lot more savage moments than madara, acno and zeref. dude sat on his throne while blocking gts from a pissed off ichigo with just his reiatsu. acno got owned by a scrub and a boat. madara got owned by zetsu obito, gai, naruto, and sasuke. yhwach got owned by himself. even aizen was no match against yhwach. the best aizen could do was mess with yhwach's perception and that was before yhwach had the almighty active.

25. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

There is the alternative that Ichigo either couldn't or chose not to read Yhwach's emotions. He told Urahara that he could only read Aizen's emotions when he was on an equal footing with him. Against Yhwach, he was never on equal footing, along with one of his motives for fighting Yhwach being that Yhwach was the one who killed his mother.

In other words, Ichigo's "I don't give a shit" look could mean that Ichigo just wanted Yhwach dead, and didn't care about what Yhwach's emotions were or what happened to Yhwach's body afterwards (since I doubt he isn't aware of Yhwach's corpse being strung up as the new Soul King).

26. Xhominid The Avaricious

For the first part, you could say that but that doesn't make sense since I think he only could read Aizen's emotions when he was losing his composure and not because of equal footing. Remember, the guy is a master manipulator and is equal to Urahara in smarts.
    But I do chuckle at the last sentence since it reminded me of Yhwach tossing at Ichigo that he never said he wanted to kill him for killing his mother, only wanting to stop him.

For the second part, that means he would have to be privy to the fact that if he died, he would have been used as the new Soul King and I doubt that would have been the case(And I doubt that Ichibei would have told Ichigo to begin with since there are things even the Soul Society doesn't tell Ichigo).

27. Alita54 Alita>You

Ywach had the worst defeat. In regards to character tho madara was the best.

28. avatrin's Bitch The Young Dragon

29. Mr Dicklesworth I am a man who walks alone

Assuming Acno actually went down this chapter, then his by far.

Zeref is second. Got Nakama punched by Natsu without showing any new feats or tech once he attained god power. Complete scrub

Yhwach is on the same level as Zeref, but isn't quite as bad because it took a Deus ex to beat him and not the MC wrecking him for no reason.

Madara was such a beast before he died I was fine with it. The dude had what, like an 80 chapter long fight against every character in the show before he went down? Zeref or Yhwach wish they had that level of respect.

30. Yasha 沖繩那霸

At least Ywach had an interesting fight with Ichibei. What had Zeref done besides being one-punch KO'ed by Natsu? This is the strongest dark wizard who created Natsu, Mard Geer, Larcade and the likes, but suddenly acted like he had forgotten how to use magic and resorted to hand-to-hand combats. It's beyond ridiculous.